A. W. Robinson was established in 1959 by Arthur Robinson. He was born in Islington, London in 1919 and became an upholsterer by trade in the 1930s. When he left the Royal Navy after World War II, he settled in Grimsby and began his career in furniture. The business began very modestly and successive generations of Mr Robinson's family have taken the business further. The emphasis has always been on selling furniture that is functional and meets the customer's requirements.
We always carry huge stocks and wherever possible try to supply quickly. We aim to buy as close to the source as possible which involves importing furniture from many countries worldwide. We greatly value long term relationships with many of our suppliers and this enables us to pass onto our customers superb value for money which competitors find hard to match.
Although our roots are in high quality antique replica and upholstered furniture, we have moved with the market and now offer a wide range based on the same principals. A natural extension has been our move into more casual, solid wood furniture in solid oak and reclaimed teak together with teak garden furniture of the highest quality. We also stock British made upholstery brand Tetrad, including their Harris Tweed range and replacement covers.
We have close access to a cabinet maker, French polisher and upholsterers that enables us to easily alter, polish and reupholster furniture to customer's requirements.
Our original premises in Grimsby are still the home of our retail shop, although throughout the summer months we travel across the country exhibiting our garden furniture range at flower and county shows.